Tesla Motors, Inc. has been identified as one of three finalists for the Extole Advocacy and Customer Experience (ACE) Award. Extole, the leading advocate marketing platform, recognizes brands that turn customers into advocates with exceptional referral marketing programs. Tesla has one of the world’s most acclaimed refer-a-friend programs, and Extole’s nod to Tesla reflects the view that customers acquired through advocate referral programs spend more, are more loyal, and are more likely to refer their friends to the brand.
“We know that without our customers we would not be where we are today,” Tesla shares on its website. Their Referral Program is a substantial way of thanking customers for their “support in building the Tesla community.”
Extole describes Tesla Motors as follows:
“Tesla Motors created a movement around its innovative products and its mission, and the brand is equally as inspiring with its marketing. The company relies almost exclusively on its community of brand advocates to promote its products and offers one of the most well-known referral programs available to consumers. With a disdain for paid advertising, Tesla Motors is leading the trend of reaching new customers through existing ones.”
The current Tesla Referral Program began October 16 and will run until January 15, 2017. Anyone who orders a new Model S or Model X during this period using the referral link of a Tesla owner will get a $1,000 credit towards the purchase price. Tesla demonstrates its appreciation to referring owners through a system of Referral Program awards:
- 10 Qualifying Referrals: Those who make 10 qualifying referrals will receive an invitation for them and a guest to attend the next Tesla unveiling event;
- 7+ Qualifying Referrals: Those who make 7 or more qualifying referrals will receive an exclusive red Founders Series Powerwall 2, hand signed by Elon Musk, JB Straubel, and Franz von Holzhausen. This limited edition Powerwall is not available to the public;
- 5+ Qualifying Referrals: Those who make 5 qualifying referrals will receive an invitation for them and a guest to take an extended VIP tour of the Tesla Factory in Fremont, California, including a Q&A with Franz von Holzhausen, Tesla’s Chief Designer;
- 3+ Qualifying Referrals: Those who make 3 or more referrals will receive an exclusive thermal Tesla Owners Jacket;
- 2+ Qualifying Referrals: Those who make 2 or more qualifying referrals will receive a Tesla carry-on.
- Ludicrous P100D Model S or Model X Drawing: Each qualified referral a Tesla customer makes gives her or him an additional entry into a drawing to win the choice of either a Ludicrous P100D Model S or Model X.
The annual ACE Award is now in its second year. Along with Tesla, Hanna Andersson and Ulta Beauty have received ACE Award nominations due to their successes as they engage existing advocates in the process of helping to acquire new customers. The criteria for the ACE Award speak to each finalists’ refer-a-friend program with regard to creativity, breadth, and overall success.
“Advocacy goes beyond being nice to your customers,” said Matt Roche, Extole’s founder and CEO. Extole helps brands to harness the power of online sharing to the benefit of their bottom line. It enables marketers to scale word-of-mouth to acquire new customers and increase loyalty using their greatest competitive advantage: their customers. “Customer-centric companies recognize and reward customers, making them part of the brand. Our finalists are exemplars and are all worthy of this award. Only one, however, will win.”
Tweet @teslamotors and congratulate them as finalists for its second annual #ACE award! Tell them #teslarati sent you.
Interested in solar? Get a solar cost estimate and find out how much a solar system would cost for your home or business.