News
Signature Model X Deliveries Sighted Across North America
Sightings of Model X cars in shipment are beginning to occur in various parts of the country. Here are photos of one car headed for Florida at a stopover in Salt Lake City taken by a Teslarati tipster.

Signature Red Tesla Model X [Source: Christian Staples via tips@teslarati.com]
Tesla has begun deliveries of the Model X Signature Series electric crossover to early reservation holders that placed the initial $40,000 deposit, some as far back as three years ago. Christian Staples, whose business is across the street from the Tesla Service Center in Salt Lake City, spotted a truck full of new Teslas being unloaded. According to Christian, he approached the Service Center as he normally does when new Teslas arrive, only to notice that one of them had a different paint color. It was a rare Signature Red Model X being unloaded from the truck.

Signature Red Tesla Model X in Salt Lake City [Source: Christian Staples via tips@teslarati.com]
The car was quickly surrounded by Tesla employees who told Christian that the Model X was being temporarily rolled off the truck in order to make room for the truck full of Model S to be unloaded.
Christian a Model X reservation holder himself (#18557) was told by Tesla employees that the Signature X was making its way to an owner in Florida, and currently in “factory mode” meaning it was limited to a maximum of 10 mph with only the driver’s door being operational.
When questioning the Tesla employees about the popularity of the Model X, they further mentioned that the Model X is outselling the Model S by 3 to 1 in the Northwest region including Utah, though Utah had 40 Model X orders pending with 12 of them already configured.
Expectant Tesla owners are normally contacted by the company about one week before their car is ready to be delivered. Many are expecting calls this week, but so far few such calls have been received. Two members have posted on the TMC forum in the past few days that they have been contacted by Tesla and expect their cars before the end of the year.
Updated December 17, 2015 9:25pm – Signature #2 holder Bonnie Norman announces via Twitter that her Signature Model X will be available for pickup this coming weekend.
Model X Sig #2 delivery is ON – factory pickup this weekend! ThX @elonmusk & all #TeslaMotors team. #CantWait #earlyXmas #Xcited
— follow me @bonnienorman on 💙sky (@bonnienorman) December 18, 2015
Another owner recently took delivery of his Signature Model X at the Syosset, NY Tesla Service Center and posted a photo of it on Plugshare.

Model X Panoramic Windshield as seen looking in from the driver’s side door [Source: Christian Staples via tips@teslarati.com]
Tesla delivered a handful of Founders Series Model X during the unveil event back in September. Mark Templeton, former CEO of Citrix was one of them that took delivery of #00003 who recently shared his impressions of the Model X.
“It’s a sports car, a sedan, and an SUV. The multi-purpose aspect of the X is stunning. The storage space is amazing. In fact, the deep trunk allows two of the 34″ rolling luggage pieces to stand side-by-side! Add the folding third row — it far exceeds SUVs of similar size. The underseat space is great – more comfortable for passengers and added space for storage. The seats are by far the best of any vehicle I’ve owned – design, comfort and function. And, I love how the middle row sets tilt and slide.”
Templeton raves about the performance of his cobalt blue Model X. “As Elon said, it’s FAST! Ludicrous mode makes acceleration from 30 mph just like at 0 mph! Smooth, continuous, multi-G acceleration – pure joy at the tip of your foot!” The one word of caution he has for any new Model X owner is to be prepared for how much attention the car generates. According to Templeton, the Model X will draw a crowd everywhere it goes.
News
Tesla Model 3 wins Edmunds’ Best EV of 2026 award
The publication rated the Model 3 at an 8.1 out of 10, and with its most recent upgrades and changes, Edmunds says, “This is the best Model 3 yet.”
The Tesla Model 3 has won Edmunds‘ Top Rated Electric Car of 2026 award, beating out several other highly-rated and exceptional EV offerings from various manufacturers.
This is the second consecutive year the Model 3 beat out other cars like the Model Y, Audi A6 Sportback E-tron, and the BMW i5.
The car, which is Tesla’s second-best-selling vehicle behind the popular Model Y crossover, has been in the company’s lineup for nearly a decade. It offers essentially everything consumers could want from an EV, including range, a quality interior, performance, and Tesla’s Full Self-Driving suite, which is one of the best in the world.
The Tesla Model 3 has won Edmunds Top EV of 2026:
“The Tesla Model 3 might be the best value electric car you can buy, combining an Edmunds Rating of 8.1 out of 10, a starting price of $43,880, and an Edmunds-tested range of 338 miles. This is the best Model 3 yet. It is… pic.twitter.com/ARFh24nnDX
— TESLARATI (@Teslarati) February 18, 2026
The publication rated the Model 3 at an 8.1 out of 10, and with its most recent upgrades and changes, Edmunds says, “This is the best Model 3 yet.”
In its Top Rated EVs piece on its website, it said about the Model 3:
“The Tesla Model 3 might be the best value electric car you can buy, combining an Edmunds Rating of 8.1 out of 10, a starting price of $43,880, and an Edmunds-tested range of 338 miles. This is the best Model 3 yet. It is impressively well-rounded thanks to improved build quality, ride comfort, and a compelling combination of efficiency, performance, and value.”
Additionally, Jonathan Elfalan, Edmunds’ Director of Vehicle Testing, said:
“The Model 3 offers just about the perfect combination of everything — speed, range, comfort, space, tech, accessibility, and convenience. It’s a no-brainer if you want a sensible EV.”
The Model 3 is the perfect balance of performance and practicality. With the numerous advantages that an EV offers, the Model 3 also comes in at an affordable $36,990 for its Rear-Wheel Drive trim level.
Elon Musk
Elon Musk’s xAI celebrates nearly 3,000 headcount at Memphis site
The update came in a post from the xAI Memphis account on social media platform X.
xAI has announced that it now employs nearly 3,000 people in Memphis, marking more than two years of local presence in the city amid the company’s supercomputing efforts.
The update came in a post from the xAI Memphis account on social media platform X.
In a post on X, xAI’s Memphis branch stated it has been part of the community for over two years and now employs “almost 3,000 locally to help power Grok.” The post was accompanied by a photo of the xAI Memphis team posing for a rather fun selfie.
“xAI is proud to be a member of the Memphis community for over two years. We now employ almost 3,000 locally to help power @Grok. From electricians to engineers, cooks to construction — we’re grateful for everyone on our team!” the xAI Memphis’ official X account wrote.
xAI’s Memphis facilities are home to Grok’s foundational supercomputing infrastructure, including Colossus, a large-scale AI training cluster designed to support the company’s advanced models. The site, located in South Memphis, was announced in 2024 as the home of one of the world’s largest AI compute facilities.
The first phase of Colossus was built out in record time, reaching its initial 100,000 GPU operational status in just 122 days. Industry experts such as Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang noted that this was significantly faster than the typical 2-to-4-year timeline for similar projects.
xAI chose Memphis for its supercomputing operations because of the city’s central location, skilled workforce, and existing industrial infrastructure, as per the company’s statements about its commitment to the region. The initiative aims to create hundreds of permanent jobs, partner with local businesses, and contribute to economic and educational efforts across the area.
Colossus is intended to support a full training pipeline for Grok and future models, with xAI planning to scale the site to millions of GPUs.
News
Ford embraces Tesla-style gigacastings and Cybertruck’s 48V architecture
Ford Motor Company’s next-generation electric vehicles will adopt technologies that were first commercialized by the Tesla Cybertruck.
Ford Motor Company’s next-generation electric vehicles will adopt technologies that were first commercialized by the Tesla Cybertruck, such as the brutalist all-electric pickup’s 48-volt electrical architecture and its gigacastings.
The shift is expected to start with a roughly $30,000 small electric pickup that is expected to be released in 2027, which is part of Ford’s $5 billion investment in its new Universal EV platform, as noted in a CNBC report.
Ford confirmed that its upcoming EV platform will move away from the traditional 12-volt system long used across the auto industry. Instead, it will implement a 48-volt electrical architecture that draws power directly from the vehicle’s high-voltage battery.
Tesla was the first automaker to bring a 48-volt system to U.S. consumers with the Cybertruck in 2023. The architecture reduces wiring bulk, lowers weight, and improves electrical efficiency. It also allows power to be stepped down to 12 volts through new electronic control units when needed.
Alan Clarke, Ford’s executive director of advanced EV development and a former Tesla engineer, called 48-volt systems “the future of automotive” due to their lower costs and smaller wiring requirements. Ford stated that the wiring harness in its new pickup will be more than 4,000 feet shorter and 22 pounds lighter than that of its first-generation electric SUV.
Apart from the Cybertruck’s 48-volt architecture, Ford is also embracing Tesla-style gigacastings for its next-generation EVs. Ford stated that its upcoming electric vehicle will use just two major structural front and rear castings, compared with 146 comparable components in the current gas-powered Maverick.
Ford CEO Jim Farley has described the effort as a “bet” and a “Model T moment” for the company, arguing that system-level innovation is necessary to lower costs and compete globally. “At Ford, we took on the challenge many others have stopped doing. We’re taking the fight to our competition, including the Chinese,” Farley previously stated.
