Investor's Corner
Tesla extends $1.1B warehouse loan agreements amid signs of strong Model 3 demand
A Form 8-K recently filed by Tesla to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission has revealed that the company extended its $1.1 billion warehouse loan agreements with Deutsche Bank AG for another year. The revised terms outlined in Tesla’s Form 8-K state that the agreements’ borrowing availability has been extended from August 17, 2018, to August 16, 2019. The maturity date of the agreement was also extended from September 2019 to September 2020.
Following is the text of Tesla’s recent Form 8-K submitted to the SEC.
Extension of Vehicle Lease Warehouse Agreements
On August 16, 2018, certain subsidiaries of Tesla, Inc. (“Tesla”) that are respectively parties to (i) an Amended and Restated Loan and Security Agreement (the “A&R 2016 Warehouse Agreement”) and (ii) a Loan and Security Agreement (the “2017 Warehouse Agreement,” and together with the A&R 2016 Warehouse Agreement, the “Warehouse Agreements”), each dated August 17, 2017, with Deutsche Bank AG, New York Branch as administrative agent and the other parties named therein, entered into an amendment to each of the Warehouse Agreements (together, the “Amendments”).
Among other changes, the Amendments extended the borrowing availability date under the Warehouse Agreements from August 17, 2018, to August 16, 2019, and extended the maturity date of the Warehouse Agreements from September 2019 to September 2020. The aggregate lender commitment, which is shared between the Warehouse Agreements, remains unchanged at $1.1 billion.
Warehouse loan agreements are utilized as tools to help finance inventory. Last October, Tesla raised the credit line at the German bank by $500 million to $1.1 billion, and during that time, the California-based electric car maker noted that it was planning an expansion of its in-house leasing program. That said, even with the recent extension of the warehouse agreement, the aggregate lender commitment of $1.1 billion remains unchanged.
Tesla’s recent 8-K Form could be accessed in full here.
Tesla’s recent 8-K filing comes as the demand for the Model 3 sedan showed encouraging signs after the vehicle was previewed in Australia for the first time. After sustaining the Model 3’s 5,000/week production rate during multiple weeks in July, Tesla announced earlier this month that it is bringing the electric car to Australia and New Zealand. Reservation holders residing in the two countries received invitations for viewings of the vehicle at Tesla’s stores in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Auckland.
The Model 3’s viewings in Australia proved to be successful. Posts uploaded of the event on Twitter revealed lines of people lining up to get a hands-on experience with the electric car. One of the Model 3 reservation holders, Andreas Stephens of Sydney, even noted in a statement to Drive that the electric car would be his first vehicle in 25 years.
“I’m not a car enthusiast as such; I never had a need to upgrade my car. When I bought my first car my dream was to have an electric car as my next car. But at the time, in the early 1990s, that seemed like a pretty unrealistic expectation. So I’m really excited that I’m now actually able to get an electric car. It’s fantastic, more than anything I’ve experienced in a car,” he said.
Queue at Tesla Martin Place to see Tesla Model 3 pic.twitter.com/UbEJ9KC1dc
— Heath Walker (@TexWalkerRanger) August 21, 2018
In the United States, Model 3 production appears to be hitting its stride. Apart from recently passing the 100,000-vehicle mark in its VIN registrations for the electric car, Tesla also appears to ba pacing towards an improved pace for the vehicle’s production. This was highlighted by George Galliers of Evercore ISI after an extensive tour of the Fremont factory, who noted that Tesla could hit as much as 8,000 Model 3 per week with very little capital expenditure.
“Tesla seems well on the way to achieving a steady weekly production rate of 5,000 to 6,000 units per week. We are incrementally positive on Tesla following our visit. We have confidence in their production. We did not see anything to suggest that Model 3 cannot reach 6k units per week and 7k to 8k with very little incremental capital expenditure. Focusing on the fundamentals and setting aside talk of privatization, we are incrementally positive on Tesla following our visit,” the analyst noted.
Elon Musk
SpaceX just filed for the IPO everyone was waiting for
SpaceX filed its public S-1, revealing $18.7 billion in revenue and billions in losses.
SpaceX publicly filed its S-1 registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission on May 20, 2026, making its financial details available to the public for the first time ahead of what could be the largest IPO in history.
An S-1 is the formal document a company must submit to the SEC before going public. It includes audited financials, risk factors, business descriptions, and how the company plans to use the money it raises. Companies are required to file one before selling shares to the public, and it must be published at least 15 days before the investor roadshow begins. SpaceX had already submitted a confidential draft to the SEC in April, which allowed regulators to review the filing privately before it went public.
The S-1 reveals that SpaceX generated $18.7 billion in consolidated revenue in 2025, driven largely by its Starlink satellite internet division, which posted $11.4 billion in revenue, growing nearly 50% year over year. Despite that growth, the company lost about $4.9 billion in 2025 and has burned through more than $37 billion since its founding.
SpaceX just forced Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile to team up for the first time in history
A significant portion of those losses trace back to xAI, Elon Musk’s artificial intelligence company, which was recently merged into SpaceX. SpaceX directed roughly 60% of its capital spending in 2025 to its AI division, totaling around $20 billion, yet that division lost billions and grew revenue by only about 22%.
SpaceX plans to list its Class A common stock on Nasdaq under the ticker SPCX, with Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and Bank of America leading the offering. The dual-class share structure means going public will not meaningfully reduce Musk’s control, as Class B shares he holds carry 10 votes per share compared to one vote for public Class A shares.
The company is targeting a raise of around $75 billion at a valuation of roughly $1.75 trillion, which would make it the largest IPO ever. The investor roadshow is reportedly planned for June 5.
Elon Musk
Tesla ditches India after years of broken promises
Tesla has ditched its plans to build a factory in India after years of failed negotiations.
Tesla’s long-running effort to establish a manufacturing presence in India is officially over. India’s Minister of Heavy Industries H.D. Kumaraswamy confirmed on May 19, 2026 that Tesla has informed authorities it will not proceed with a manufacturing facility in the country.
Tesla first signaled serious interest in India around 2021, when it began hiring local staff and lobbying the Indian government for lower import tariffs. The ask was straightforward: reduce duties enough for Tesla to test the market with imported vehicles before committing capital to a local factory. India’s position was equally firm, with an ask of Tesla to commit to manufacturing first, then receive tariff relief. Neither side moved, and the talks quietly collapsed.
Tesla to open first India experience center in Mumbai on July 15
India had offered a policy that would reduce import duties from 110% down to 15% on EVs priced above $35,000, provided companies committed at least $500 million toward local manufacturing investment within three years. Tesla declined to participate. The tariff standoff was only part of the problem. Analysts pointed to significant gaps in India’s local supply chain, inadequate industrial infrastructure, and a mismatch between Tesla’s premium pricing and the purchasing power of India’s automotive market as additional factors that made the investment difficult to justify.
First signs of an unraveling relationship came in April 2024, when Musk abruptly cancelled a planned trip to India where he was set to meet Prime Minister Modi and announce Tesla’s market entry. By July 2024, Fortune reported that Tesla executives had stopped contacting Indian government officials entirely. The government at that point understood Tesla had capital constraints and no plans to invest.
The more fundamental issue is that Tesla’s existing factories are currently operating at approximately 60% capacity, making a commitment to building new manufacturing capacity in a new market difficult to defend to investors. Tesla will continue selling imported Model Y vehicles through its existing showrooms in Mumbai, Delhi, Gurugram, and Bengaluru, but local production is no longer part of the plan.
Elon Musk
SpaceX just forced Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile to team up for the first time in history
AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon just joined forces for one reason: Starlink is winning.
America’s three largest wireless carriers, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon, announced on On May 14, 2026 that they had agreed in principle to form a joint venture aimed at pooling their spectrum resources to expand satellite-based direct-to-device (D2D) connectivity across the United States in what can be seen as a direct response to SpaceX’s Starlink initiative. D2D, in plain terms, is technology that lets a standard smartphone connect directly to a satellite in orbit, the same way it connects to a cell tower, with no extra hardware required.
The alliance is widely seen as a means to slow Starlink’s rapid expansion in the satellite internet and mobile markets. SpaceX’s Starlink Mobile service launched commercially in July 2025 through a partnership with T-Mobile, starting with messaging before expanding to broadband data. SpaceX secured access to valuable wireless spectrum through its $17 billion deal with EchoStar, paving the way for significantly faster satellite-to-phone speeds.
SpaceX was not shy about its reaction. SpaceX president and COO Gwynne Shotwell responded on X: “Weeeelllll, I guess Starlink Mobile is doing something right! It’s David and Goliath (X3) all over again — I’m bettin’ on David.” SpaceX’s VP of Satellite Policy David Goldman went further, flagging potential antitrust concerns and asking whether the DOJ would even allow three dominant competitors to coordinate in a market where a new rival is actively entering.
Weeeelllll, I guess @Starlink Mobile is doing something right! It’s David and Goliath (X3) all over again — I’m bettin’ on David 🙂 https://t.co/5GzS752mxL
— Gwynne Shotwell (@Gwynne_Shotwell) May 14, 2026
Financial analysts at LightShed Partners were blunt, saying the announcement showed the three carriers are “nervous,” and pointed to the timing: “You announce an agreement in principle when the point is the announcement, not the deal. The timing, weeks ahead of the SpaceX roadshow, was the point.”
As Teslarati reported, SpaceX’s next generation Starlink V2 satellites will deliver up to 100 times the data density of the current system, with custom silicon and phased array antennas enabling around 20 times the throughput of the first generation. The carriers’ JV, which has no definitive agreement, no financial structure, and no deployment timeline yet, will need to move quickly to matter.
Elon Musk’s SpaceX is targeting a Nasdaq listing as early as June 12, aiming for what would be the largest IPO in history. With Starlink now serving over 9 million subscribers across 155 countries, holding 59 carrier partnerships globally, and now powering Air Force One, the carriers’ joint venture announcement landed at exactly the wrong time to look like anything other than a defensive move.