Now that the cat’s out of the bag, expect to see various Tesla Model 3 sightings and spy shots across California, and possibly beyond, as the company’s Vehicle Test Engineers and development team conduct real world testing of its affordable mass-market electric vehicle.
Elon Musk has discussed first production of the Model 3 to likely take place during late 2017. With details of the Model 3 still sparse, we can expect further information on battery capacity, performance, and next generation Autopilot 2.0 announced in Part 2 of the Model 3 reveal. And of course the subsequent live-testing of the Model 3 prototype mule on local streets.
Join in on the fun and share photos of your Model 3 sightings and any insider news in the comments section below. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location: Tesla Factory in Fremont, CA
- Date: TBD
- Description: Photos of a Silver Tesla Model 3 seen at the Fremont, CA factory.
- Source: Reddit
- Location: TBD (appears to be a Tesla R&D facility)
- Date: Photos spotted June 23, 2016
- Description: Photos of a Matte Black Tesla Model 3 were leaked onto Imgur showing the sparse interior dashboard with a landscape mounted center touchscreen and the rear trunk.
- Source: Imgur
- Location: CA 280 in Palo Alto, CA near Tesla HQ
- Date: June, 2016
- Description: A beautiful matte black Tesla Model 3 was spotted while cruising down CA highway 280 near the Tesla Motors HQ in Palo Alto, CA. This is the same stomping grounds that saw open testing of the Model X prior to it entering production. Jeff Klakring spotted the vehicle and managed to capture it all on video. He writes via Reddit,”I was driving on Highway 280 toward Palo Alto when I saw three Teslas merging on to the highway. It took me a second before I realized the middle one was a Model 3. I stood in line the first morning to reserve one so was pretty pumped to see one in the flesh. In fact, when I first saw it I cut across three lanes of traffic pretty quickly to get closer and am pretty sure I scared the crap out of the Model 3 driver. Sorry for my over exuberance Tesla! Initial impressions: – It looked almost as long as the Model S, but was definitely narrower – From the rear, I think the back end isn’t very interesting. Not bad, but nothing special. – From the side, the car is gorgeous. Very sleek, and not at all bulbous in the back like I was afraid of. Low slung, sporty, but still a uniqueness that I like. – Given that the driver is pushed further forward than in other cars, I was nervous that the front would look funny. I am pleased to see this was not the case at all. The front proportions looks great. – The front end has definitely been polarizing, but seeing it here made me like it more than in pictures. Not a worry for me anymore. – Overall, the car looks amazing in person. I have gone back and forth a bit with the pictures I’ve seen, but now I am absolutely sold on it.”
- Location: Tesla Factory in Fremont, CA
- Date: April 6, 2016
- Description: A black matte Model 3 was displayed recently at the Tesla Factory in Fremont, CA. Present are the carbon fiber wheels first seen at the unveiling event and traditional Model S door handles.
- Source: Acebrain2003 via submission at email@example.com
- Location: Unconfirmed – Tesla Factory in Fremont, CA
- Date: Unknown
- Description: A silver Model 3 was spotted at what looks to be the lot of the Tesla Factory in Fremont, CA. The vehicle appears to be the same silver Model 3 that was sighted in Marina Del Rey, CA following the official unveiling event.
- Source: SpaceX&Tesla Fan via YouTube
- Location: Marina Del Rey, CA
- Date: April 2, 2016
- Description: Just two days after Elon Musk officially revealed the Model 3 at the Tesla Design Center in Hawthorne, the very first street sighting of a gorgeous silver Model 3 was spotted in Marina Del Rey. The vehicle was trailing behind a Model S with camera in tow and appears to be taking part in a promotional video shoot for the company. Police sirens are heard in the background followed by a LAPD motorcycle officer driving past the vehicle, presumably there to enforce a street closure.
- Source: YouTube
Interested in solar? Get a solar cost estimate and find out how much a solar system would cost for your home or business.