It didn’t come as a surprise when we found a job listing for a Barista on Tesla’s careers page.
CEO Elon Musk has long been a fan of caffeinated beverages, having once revealed in an interview that he consumed eight cans of Diet Coke each day, as well as several large cups of coffee at one point in his career. “I got so freaking jacked that I seriously started to feel like I was losing my peripheral vision,” said Musk in a 2007 interview with Inc.
With a legion of mission-statement devout workers that are blind to the idea of a 40-hour work week, having a top notch Coffee Bar in the workplace almost seems like a must – and it is.
Tesla posted a job opening for a Barista that will be based in Los Angeles – perhaps at its massive 131,000 square feet facility near Silicon Beach – and calls for an ‘innovative beverage artist’ that looks to help change the world, one cup of coffee at a time.
Tesla has an opportunity in Los Angeles for a skilled, personable Barista to create top-notch coffee creations for our thirsty personnel.
We’re Tesla, so we aren’t looking for someone ordinary. We’re seeking a high-energy, innovative beverage artist to utilize their savvy and creativity in helping us introduce our new Coffee Bar. The successful candidate will possess unparalleled customer service skills, coffee expertise, and an extremely engaging personality.
In addition to having unparalleled coffee expertise, the Tesla Barista must have an ‘extremely engaging personality’ and open to potentially doubling as a bartender.
For the Tesla lovin’, caffeine brewin’, martini shakin’ beverage artist out there, this one’s for you. Apply within.
- Serve specialty coffee drinks with exceptional attention to customers’ needs.
- Provide top of the line customer service.
- Versatility to also potentially serve as a bartender in the late afternoons.
- Replenishes general supplies while maintaining cleanliness of service area.
- Assists in maintaining sanitation and orderliness of all equipment and supplies.
- Serves customers quickly and efficiently, and prevents delays in serving lines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience making espresso drinks: Latte, Mocha, Cappuccino, Espresso, Ice Latte, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal abilities are essential.
- Proactivity and productivity.
- Exceedingly service-oriented and upbeat.
- Punctuality is of the utmost importance.
Interested in solar? Get a solar cost estimate and find out how much a solar system would cost for your home or business.