Tesla’s Holiday Software Update is officially rolling out to owners, featuring the long-awaited arrival of Apple Music, improvements to Dog Mode, new features with the Christmas Light Show, and more.
Tesla has started deploying Software Update 2022.44.25.1, as Canadian owner James Locke shared the Holiday Package’s release notes via Twitter.
— James Locke (@arctechinc) December 13, 2022
As we reported last week, Tesla will add Apple Music to its vehicles as a part of the Holiday Software Update. After it was spotted on a Tesla unit within an exhibit at the Petersen Automotive Museum last month, speculation seemed to indicate the automaker would finally add the feature. It has officially arrived.
“Stream over 100 million songs and 30,000 playlists ad-free. Listen to your entire library, discover new music and tune into live radio stations. To access Apple Music, tap the Apple Music icon in the Application Launcher, scan the QR code with your mobile device, and login with your Apple ID,” Tesla wrote in the release notes.
Dog Mode Improvements
Do you wonder what your pup is doing in the car while you’re running a quick errand inside a store? The new improvements to Dog Mode will allow you to do so.
“View the interior camera from the mobile app while using Dog Mode or Sentry Mode. To enable Live Camera, tap Controls > Safety > View Live Camera via Mobile App.
Dog Mode has been widely popular amongst owners as it allows them to keep their pets in their car in a safe environment. The climate is set to a temperature desired by the owner, and a large message tells others that the vehicle is comfortable for the animal to avoid any confusion.
Scheduled Light Show
Everyone who has followed Tesla for relatively any amount of time knows about the Transiberian Orchestra Light Show with the Model X. Now, Tesla is taking the feature a step further with a scheduled light show, along with new, longer custom shows.
“Schedule the Light Show for up to 10 minutes in advance or watch a multi-car orchestra by setting them to start simultaneously. Celebrate New Year’s with the Auld Land Syne show or create longer custom shows.
Tesla Model Y gets Track Mode
After numerous requests from owners to CEO Elon Musk, it appears Tesla’s Track Mode will also be included in the Holiday Update.
🏁 Track Mode on Model Y Performance is now available with 2022.44.25.1!
— Teslascope (@teslascope) December 13, 2022
Other Holiday Software Update Features
Tesla has added several other features in the Holiday Update, which are listed below.
- Climate Control Fan Speed
- Adjust fan speed intensity while remaining in AUTO climate by selecting between ‘LO,’ ‘MED,’ and ‘HI’ from the fan intensity selector on the climate control popup.
- myQ Connected Garage
- myQ Connected Garage door openers are now supported. Monitor and control your garage door remotely using your vehicle’s touchscreen. To set up, tap Controls > Locks > myQ Connected Garage > Link Account, and follow the instructions
- Auto Turn Signals
- Turn signals can now automatically deactivate upon completing a land change, fork, or merge. Tap Controls > Lights > Auto Turn Signals
- The relaxing tile match game has been elevated with a clean, modern design, smooth animations, and calming sounds. Match identical tiles. A tile is playable if it is open on the left or right and isn’t covered by another tile. Continue pairing tiles to clear the board and your mind!
- Confirm Phone Call Transfer
- Active phone calls from a mobile device connected to the vehicle via Bluetooth will now request confirmation before transferring audio to the vehicle.
- Contact Lookup
- Search for contacts from a connected Bluetooth device. To access, tap the Application Launcher > Phone > Contacts > Search icon.
- Media Controls
- Media controls are closer to the driver for easy access. Swipe up to access ‘Recents & Favorites’ and ‘Sources.’ Swipe left or right to also access trips and tire pressure information.
- Emissions Testing Mode via Mobile App
- Emissions Testing Mode can now be used from the Mobile App. Long press any quick controls icon from the home screen and drag the ‘Fart’ icon to the top row.
- Always Rainbows
- Allow your driving visualization to show Rainbow Road when Autopilot is active. To enable, tap the Application Launcher > Toybox > Rainbow Road > Always Rainbows.
I’d love to hear from you! If you have any comments, concerns, or questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach me on Twitter @KlenderJoey, or if you have news tips, you can email us at email@example.com.