News
Elon Musk hints at smaller Tesla Cybertruck version down the road
Following the unveiling of Tesla’s Cybertruck last week, CEO Elon Musk has hinted that a smaller version of the futuristic pickup may be coming in the future. This statement from Musk came after some potential owners expressed they would be interested in a more compact version of the recently-unveiled vehicle that would be more suitable for smaller driveways and residences.
Tesla unveiled the Cybertruck on November 21. The all-electric truck from the company based out of Silicon Valley caught the eye of many people due to its unique and unorthodox shape. One Twitter follower of Musk’s requested a smaller truck down the road, as he facetiously expressed the vehicle may block his whole street. Musk replied, saying that it “probably makes sense to build a smaller Cybertruck too.”
The size of the Cybertruck is a big talking point for those who are interested in the vehicle. Its futuristic and unusually modern shape is a design that has not been used in the past by any other car manufacturer. However, not everyone who wants or needs to own a truck for either work or leisure can house this gigantic pickup.
Other manufacturers have had success varying the sizes of their trucks by releasing multiple models of the same body style. Ford, for example, has done this with its F-Series that has gained the reputation as the most popular line of pickup trucks in the U.S. in 2019, with the F-150 being recognized as the most popular truck in the country, according to J.D. Power. In terms of dimensions, the Cybertruck is similar to the F-150 and Dodge Ram 1500.
- Tesla Cybertruck: 231.5 inches long, 79.8 inches wide, 75 inches tall, 6.5-foot bed
- 2020 Ford F-150 XL: 209 inches long, 80 inches wide, 75 inches tall, 5.5-foot bed
- 2020 Dodge Ram 1500: 229 inches long, 82 inches wide, 77 inches tall, 5.6-foot bed

Tesla’s Cybertruck will give owners more storage capacity than any other pickup on the market right now thanks to its bed that is nearly a foot longer than the other two vehicles. The Ford F-150 XL has 62.5 cubic feet of storage, and while this is the company’s smallest version of the truck, it packs 62% of the storage capacity compared to the 100 cubic feet offered by Tesla’s Cybertruck. The 2020 Dodge Ram 1500 offers 61.5 cubic feet, just one foot less than the F-150 but still only a fraction of Tesla’s new “Bladerunner-Esque” pickup.
Tesla may find it beneficial down the road to try and create a smaller variation of the Cybertruck. The truck, while available in different variants as far as the number of engines, is only available in one size. While more cargo space is definitely a plus, there are certainly plenty of reasons why it could be the reason someone does not buy the vehicle. Some people simply do not have the room for a large truck, especially if they live in a small house or community where there is not enough room for the vehicle. The Twitter user who reached out to Musk recognized that the truck would be a great vehicle to own, but it may not be the most logical thing to buy considering he does not have space for it.
Elon Musk has proven to us in the past that he is a man of the people. He listens to the requests of potential Tesla owners and uses them to improve the vehicles Tesla manufactures. While the Cybertruck does not begin production until late 2021, there is plenty of time for Musk and Tesla’s team of designers to come up with a modified design that would appeal to those who do not have the need for the massive Cybertruck.
Cybertruck
Tesla Cybertruck’s newest trim will undergo massive change in ten days, Musk says
It appears as if the new All-Wheel-Drive trim of Cybertruck won’t be around for too long, however. Elon Musk revealed this morning that it will be around “only for the next 10 days.”
Tesla’s new Cybertruck trim has already gotten the axe from CEO Elon Musk, who said the All-Wheel-Drive configuration of the all-electric pickup will only be available “for the next ten days.”
Musk could mean the price, which is $59,990, or the availability of the trim altogether.
Last night, Tesla launched the All-Wheel-Drive configuration of the Cybertruck, a pickup that comes in at less than $60,000 and features a competitive range and features that are not far off from the offerings of the premium trim.
Tesla launches new Cybertruck trim with more features than ever for a low price
It was a nice surprise from Tesla, considering that last year, it offered a Rear-Wheel-Drive trim of the Cybertruck that only lasted a few months. It had extremely underwhelming demand because it was only $10,000 cheaper than the next trim level up, and it was missing a significant number of premium features.
Simply put, it was not worth the money. Tesla killed the RWD Cybertruck just a few months after offering it.
With the news that Tesla was offering this All-Wheel-Drive configuration of the Cybertruck, many fans and consumers were encouraged. The Cybertruck has been an underwhelming seller, and this seemed to be a lot of truck for the price when looking at its features:
- Dual Motor AWD w/ est. 325 mi of range
- Powered tonneau cover
- Bed outlets (2x 120V + 1x 240V) & Powershare capability
- Coil springs w/ adaptive damping
- Heated first-row seats w/ textile material that is easy to clean
- Steer-by-wire & Four Wheel Steering
- 6’ x 4’ composite bed
- Towing capacity of up to 7,500 lbs
- Powered frunk
It appears as if this trim of Cybertruck won’t be around for too long, however. Musk revealed this morning that it will be around “only for the next 10 days.”
Only for the next 10 days https://t.co/82JnvZQGh2
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 20, 2026
Musk could mean the price of the truck and not necessarily the ability to order it. However, most are taking it as a cancellation.
If it is, in fact, a short-term availability decision, it is baffling, especially as Tesla fans and analysts claim that metrics like quarterly deliveries are no longer important. This seems like a way to boost sales short-term, and if so many people are encouraged about this offering, why would it be kept around for such a short period of time?
Some are even considering the potential that Tesla axes the Cybertruck program as a whole. Although Musk said during the recent Q4 Earnings Call that Cybertruck would still be produced, the end of the Model S and Model X programs indicates Tesla might be prepared to do away with any low-volume vehicles that do not contribute to the company’s future visions of autonomy.
The decision to axe the car just ten days after making it available seems like a true head-scratcher.
Elon Musk
Elon Musk’s Neuralink sparks BCI race in China
One of the most prominent is NeuroXess, which launched in 2021 and is already testing implants in patients.
Neuralink, founded by Elon Musk, is helping spark a surge of brain-computer interface (BCI) development in China, where startups are moving quickly into human trials with strong state backing.
One of the most prominent is NeuroXess, which launched in 2021 and is already testing implants in patients.
Neuralink’s clinical work and public demonstrations have drawn worldwide attention to invasive brain implants that allow patients to control digital devices using their minds. The company is currently running a global clinical trial and is also busy preparing for its next product, Blindsight, which would restore vision to people with visual impairments.
Neuralink’s visibility has helped accelerate similar efforts in China. Beijing last year classified brain-computer interfaces as a strategic sector and issued a roadmap calling for two or three globally competitive companies by 2030, as per the Financial Times. Since February last year, at least 10 clinical trials for invasive brain chips have launched in the country.
NeuroXess recently reported that a paralyzed patient was able to control a computer cursor within five days of implantation. Founder Tiger Tao credited government support for helping shorten the path from research to trials.
Investment activity has followed the policy push. Industry data show dozens of financing rounds for Chinese BCI startups over the past year, reflecting rising capital interest in the field. Ultimately, while Neuralink remains one of the most closely watched players globally, its momentum has clearly energized competitors abroad.
News
Tesla Supercharger vandalized with frozen cables and anti-Musk imagery amid Sweden union dispute
The incident comes amid Tesla’s ongoing labor dispute with IF Metall.
Tesla’s Supercharger site in Vansbro, Sweden, was vandalized during peak winter travel weeks. Images shared to local media showed frozen charging cables and a banner reading “Go home Elon,” which was complete with a graphic of Musk’s controversial gesture.
The incident comes amid Tesla’s ongoing labor dispute with IF Metall, which has been striking against the company for more than two years over collective bargaining agreements, as noted in a report from Expressen.
Local resident Stefan Jakobsson said he arrived at the Vansbro charging station to find a board criticizing Elon Musk and accusing Tesla of strikebreaking. He also found the charging cables frozen after someone seemingly poured water over them.
“I laughed a little and it was pretty nicely drawn. But it was a bit unnecessary,” Jakobsson said. “They don’t have to do vandalism because they’re angry at Elon Musk.”
The site has seen heavy traffic during Sweden’s winter sports holidays, with travelers heading toward Sälen and other mountain destinations. Jakobsson said long lines formed last weekend, with roughly 50 Teslas and other EVs waiting to charge.
Tesla Superchargers in Sweden are typically open to other electric vehicle brands, making them a reliable option for all EV owners.
Tesla installed a generator at the location after sympathy strikes from other unions disrupted power supply to some stations. The generator itself was reportedly not working on the morning of the incident, though it is unclear whether that was connected to the protest.
The dispute between Tesla and IF Metall centers on the company’s refusal to sign a collective agreement covering Swedish workers. The strike has drawn support from other unions, including Seko, which has taken steps affecting electricity supply to certain Tesla facilities. Tesla Sweden, for its part, has insisted that its workers are already fairly compensated and it does not need a collective agreement,
Jesper Pettersson, press spokesperson for IF Metall, criticized Tesla’s use of generators to keep charging stations running. Still, IF Metall emphasized that it strongly distances itself from the vandalism incident at the Vansbro Supercharger.
“We think it is remarkable that instead of taking the easy route and signing a collective agreement for our members, they are choosing to use every possible means to get around the strike,” Pettersson said.